Zebra Pattern 270gsm Fly Air Mesh Neck Combo Horse Rug is an ideal option for improved insect protection this season.
Zebra patterned mesh has become very popular in the northern hemisphere in recent seasons. Research suggests that some insects dislike the contrasting zebra stripes, the variation in reflection confuses insects and they choose to avoid the fabric. We are keen to hear from our customers to see if you find a practical difference or not.
This custom made air mesh rug offers superior UV and insect protection, but still allows plenty of breeze to pass through the fabric and across your horse, helping to keep the horse cooler.
Our air mesh features a generous drop, tent tail flap and belly surcingles - this horse rug has been made with the Australian climate and horses in mind. Ideal for keeping the majority of flies, midges & other biters out!
Many find that the Euro-Mesh is a very good alternative to Flag rugs for horse rugs, offering many of the same benefits - but with a much more durable fabric that performs like a traditional mesh or ripstop horse rug from a strength perspective. Euro-mesh is our mid-weight air mesh, if you have a horse that is hard on rugs you may want to consider our heavy 410gsm Enduro mesh rugs.
Our Zebra Euro-Breeze Combo Horse Rug Features:
• Made from 270GSM soft mesh fabric
• Not recommended for itchy horses - see our 410gsm range.
• Generous Full Cover Tent tail flap - mare friendly
• Belly Surcingles
• Gussets at shoulders for freedom of movement
• Reinforced dual chest straps with stainless buckles for extra security
• Rump darts, for a snug fit
• Adjustable/removable leg straps
• Fleece padding to protect the wither.
• Internal lining in the chest & in the mane strip to help alleviate rubbing